NOTE: This post is being re-advertised to widen the pool of candidates. All candidates who have already applied previously to Job ID #12300 need not re apply. Thank you.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF ZIMBABWE *
The United Nations Population Fund is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s goal is to achieve universal access to sexual and reproductive health, realize reproductive rights, and reduce maternal mortality to accelerate progress on the ICPD agenda, to improve the lives of adolescents and youth, and women, enabled by population dynamics, human rights, and gender equality.
The Maternal Health National Programme Analyst (MH/NPA) contributes to the effective management of UNFPA programmes in support of national efforts to strengthen reproductive and maternal health. Key areas supported include Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care, midwifery, family planning, cervical cancer control and SRH-HIV integration. You will work closely with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC), national partners, development partners and civil society to enhance reproductive and maternal health. Within the context of health system strengthening and financing, the MH/NPA analyses relevant political, social and economic environment and trends; provides substantive inputs for the formulation, management, monitoring and evaluation of comprehensive maternal health programme related activities.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant University degree in medicine, midwifery, nursing, or equivalent.
- Masters’ degree in public health, Nursing Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of increasing responsibilities in managing RH or health programmes with direct experience relating EmONC and midwifery. Familiarity with aspects of RH and maternal health programming would be an added advantage.
- Experience in quality improvement approaches in maternal health care
- Practical experience of Zimbabwe health service delivery system
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Appreciation of monitoring and evaluation concepts
- Excellent computer/information systems skills.
- Fluency in English.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click “Apply Now” below.