Mthuli Ncube Urged To Review Sanitary Wear Prices In Supplementary Budget

SANITARY  Aid Zimbabwe Trust has implored Finance Minister Professor Mthuli Ncube to at least address the astronomical prices for sanitary wear when he presents the Mid-Term Fiscal Review and Supplementary Budget. By Kudakwashe Pembere The organisation said since December last year, prices for sanitary pads have risen by 800 percent making the product more of a luxury than right. Sanitary Aid Zimbabwe executive director Theresa Nyava said, “As Sanitary Aid Zimbabwe Trust, we acknowledge that the 2019 National Budget scrapped VAT and customs duty on selected imported sanitary wear products…

Share
Read More

Save Life Launches Medical Aid Product for the Elderly

A new medical aid product called Save Life Medical Aid Fund, has introduced a cross cutting medical aid facility which will provide cover to all ages including the elderly above the of 65. By Michael Gwarisa Save Life Medical Aid director, Dr Brighton Chireka said the new product would bridge the huge health insurance gap rampart in Zimbabwe considering that only 10% of Zimbabweans have medical aid cover while the remaining 90% do not. Most medical aid products available in the country have closed doors on the elderly, making it…

Share
Read More

143 Maternal Deaths Recorded in Zim Since Beginning Of Year- MoHCC

A total of 143 maternal deaths were recorded throughout Zimbabwe over the period January to July 2018 owing various maternal related complications. By Michael Gwarisa According to the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) in July, six maternal mortality cases were reported during the week ending 14 July 2019. This brings the total number of people who have died of maternal mortality to 143 so far this year. The deaths were reported from Northern District (1), Harare Central Hospital (2), Chitungwiza Central Hospital (1) in Harare Province, UBH (1)…

Share
Read More

PrEP Use High Among Young African Girls But Fades After Three Months- Study

IN a study of open-label Truvada as daily pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to prevent HIV among 427 young African women and adolescent girls, 95% initiated the HIV prevention strategy, and most used PrEP for the first three months. However, PrEP use fell among participants in this critical population during a year of follow-up clinic visits, although HIV incidence at 12 months was low. The preliminary results suggest that tailored, evidence-based adherence support strategies may be needed to durably engage young African women in consistent PrEP use. The study, known as HPTN…

Share
Read More