Zim’s Second Coronavirus Suspect Isolated

A traveller from China’s Hunan Province was yesterday taken to Wilkins Infectious Disease Hospital for investigation of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

With results yet to be known, this is the second patient taken to the hospital for isolation after a woman who was tested negative for the virus.

The Ministry of Information, Media and Broadcasting Services said health officials followed World Health Organisation protocols for handling the suspected case.

“Govt would like to inform the public that today, a traveller from Hunan Province in China was flagged up as needing assessment for Coronavirus. Full WHO Protocols were deployed. The traveller has now been taken to designated Isolation Facilities where tests are being conducted,” said the Ministry via Twitter.

On February 28, the Health and Child Care Ministry gave the national Preparedness and Response Progress regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

“The ministry continues to follow up travellers to Zimbabwe who visited China and other affected countries, guided by the World Health Organisation (WHO) Risk Assessment Tool,” said the Health Ministry.

As of 23 February, a total of 4 589 travellers have been screened at our air and ground ports of entry.

Dr Manangazira speaks on the country's preparedness: COVID-19

Zimbabwe is on high alert for Covid-19The two cases picked so far at RGM International airport in the last two weeks demonstrate the country's preparedness.

Posted by Ministry of Health and Child Care on Wednesday, 26 February 2020

Related posts

Leave a Comment