More than half of people with Covid-19 don’t know how they got it — here’s what that means for you

A new survey from the Centers for Disease Control found that 54% of people who tested positive for Covid-19 couldn’t pinpoint how they contracted the virus. The remaining 46% of respondents could recall having close contact with a person — commonly a family member or coworker — who was also diagnosed with Covid-19. These findings are “very concerning,” and suggest that people are likely contracting Covid-19 from people in their community who are asymptomatic, Dr. Joshua Barocas, infectious disease physician and assistant professor at Boston University School of Medicine, said…

Share
Read More

21 Year Old Lady Becomes Zim’s Latest COVID-19 Death

A 21 year old young lady has become the latest COVID-19 casualty in Zimbabwe, bringing the total number of deaths to eight. By Michael Gwarisa The death comes at a time Zimbabwe is experiencing a spike in daily new infections with indications that local and community transmissions could be on the rise owing to the relaxation of restrictions. According to the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) daily COVID-19 update, the country recorded 7 new cases as at July,4 2020. “These include returnees from South Africa (55), Botswana (3),…

Share
Read More

COVID-19 IN ZIMBABWE: WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE MOVING FORWARD?

Dr Grant Marewanhema

ZIMBABWE witnessed its third spike of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, confirming 73 positive cases, and unfortunately also witnessed a facility death of a young female patient, aged 21, bringing the total number of officially reported deaths to 8. We should always note the careful choice of words, such as officially reported, and confirmed. By Dr Grant Murewanhema THE COVID-19 SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY So do we know the actual COVID-19 situation in Zimbabwe? How accurate are the numbers we report, and are we doing enough community testing? I…

Share
Read More